Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

A Week of Decorating

My two older girls and I spent the week setting up for a banquet. One hundred guests are expected to attend.



The center pieces are made of blocks of floral foam, cut in half and wrapped with tissue paper. The tissue paper is tied off with curling ribbon and accented with magic wand party favors, and star wire garland

We placed gold/silver confetti,small curls of ribbon and Hershey's kisses along the entire table to add interest. For the windows we made valances of curling ribbons. The backdrop for photos and awards is this hand drawn trophy surrounded by "fru-fru" as Mr. B is so fond of calling it. The theme is "The Making of Champions" so I thought a trophy would be an appropriate back drop.


All in all I think everything turned out nicely. I know I would have needed two or three weeks to finish everything on my own. I am so thankful for the help from my girls, Jesse and my Mom as well as a couple teens from the school that spent a study hall helping make a few center pieces.

VeryVerdant

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...