Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

A Long Hard Good Day

Mom's surgery went as according to plan. She was in surgery for 2 hours and had very little bleeding. The doctor was able to do the whole surgery laproscopically, which is a huge answer to prayer. This allowed for three small incisions for the instruments and one larger incision for the doctor to be able to reach for the kidney. It sounds miserable (and it is) but he did not have to cut from belly button, across her side and to her back. We are all so thankful.

When I left the hospital at 7:45 Mom still did not have a morphine drip but the doctor had ordered it and had it in place by 8:30pm. Mom is resting better now.

One fun moment in the day - Mom turned her head towards my dad and said,"I want to open my eyes and look at you but it makes me a little sick." Hehehe...those two are the biggest love birds ever and it was funny to hear Mom say that the sight of Dad made her sick. We laughed about it and I wrote it down in her journal. When she is awake and feeling better, I know she will enjoy reading about that.

Sonja

2 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

That IS funny! You've got to just take those moments. They're the little gems in an otherwise painful situation. the journal is a great idea. I spent several years watching over my mom as she was in and out of the hospital and rehab. One hospital had several ways for patients to keep track of time and visitors--journal pages for the patient, calendar, and visitor sign-in sheet.
Here's to s good recovery for your mom!

Memories for Life said...

Glad to hear everything went well!
Love that you wrote in your mom's journal to share with her later :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...