Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentines Day Traditions

As a family, we say "I Love You" everyday, but on Valentines Day we go all out. Our favorite Valentines celebration took place a couple years ago. The children made individual pizzas for each of our family members.
They were, of course, shaped like hearts. The kids even cut each pepperoni into heart shapes. They set the table in our best dishes and used my crystal to serve "love drinks".


To make your own you will need... red heart shaped ice cubes made of cranberry juice and pink star shaped ice cubes made of pink lemonade. We used the silicon shaped ice cube trays from Ikea but you could do this with regular ice cubes as well. Be sure to place the ice in your drinking glasses then pour sprite or ginger ale over the top. The ice melts into the soda and makes a beautiful, pink "I love you" drink.

Wishing you all a Happy Valentines Day,
Very Verdant

7 comments:

AWJ said...

The drinks are lovely! And I love the idea of heart-shaped pizzas. :)

Erica said...

Those drinks are so much fun! I also really think the heart shaped pizzas are adorable!

Finding Charm said...

What a great tradition. I love it!!! How fun.

Emerson Bindery said...

Love those heart shaped pizzas! My son would totally be into those! He loves pizza.

Made by Melissa said...

What a cute idea for the drinks! I will have to try that now.

foxygknits said...

Thank you for participating in the Blog Carnival. I love the drinks and can't wait to try them with my little granddaughter next Valentine's Day!

Cheryl said...

will have to try to the drinks next year... my kids are much older but it'll still be fun :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...