Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thankfulness - 1

Did you notice that there were no Halloween posts here? Well, I have a confession to make. We have never celebrated Halloween. That was just our choice as a family. Now, that does not mean we do not love costumes and apple cider and roasting marshmallows...no, in fact, that is exactly what we do love.

Each year on Halloween, we go to my parents house and eat around a camp fire. Sometimes we start making Thanksgiving crafts and sometimes we just play games and enjoy each others company...but always, we begin turning our hearts toward thankfulness. Then every day until Thanksgiving day, we write one thing we are thankful for on a slip of paper and place it in our Thankfulness box. On Thanksgiving Day we take out those slips of paper and share them with each other.

So this year, I would like to celebrate with you. Each day, until Thanksgiving day, I will share with you some of the things we are thankful for. I would love it if you would stop by and share some of the things you are thankful for as well.

Here is our list for today.
C - Mommy and Daddy, because they feed me and they get me toys.
D - Blankets, because I'm cold today.
K - My Bible, because it's fun to read.
B - Bed, because I don't have to sleep on the floor.
Me - I am thankful for my husband's job. Many days, like today, his job takes him out of town and often over night. We miss him a lot, but so many people around the world are suffering because they have no income. Many military families have loved ones over seas for months at a time. My love and prayers go out for them each and every day. I am thankful...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...