Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Learning From Ordinary People

I just need to ramble a bit so be forewarned, this could be long and will be very random.

Today, Mom came over to help out. She does this often but especially when I have big orders to fill. My mom is a woman of strength and godly wisdom. I love her. She comes to our house every once in a while and let's me teach and sew while she works quietly doing dishes or sorting laundry...quietly working...doing stuff I really don't like to do. Oh, and while she works she sings. ;0) Singing and dishes...singing and laundry...singing and hugging my kiddos.

I am still learning so much from her. I suppose I always will.

This week I had a deep discussion with our second about dating. Her boyfriend? Her dad and I kind of like this guy. They are both 16 and solid as rocks...not physically but spiritually. She came home late last night because they stayed after church for praise band practice. Her face was contemplative, "Mom, I walked into the teen room looking for C and there he was sitting with Pastor studying Job. All the other guys were outside playing football and he was sitting with his Bible open ... learning." "Mom, it just made me want to cry. So many people come to us for advice. I hope we live so that they already know what our advice will be. You know? I want what we say and what we do to be exactly the same."

I have so much to learn from her.

Today, I am praising God for the strong witnesses that he has placed in my life.

Today, I am thankful for my mom, who gives freely of herself as Christ gave freely for me.

Today, I am thankful for my daughter, who is learning to embrace God with her whole heart.

Today, I am thankful that God speaks to us in ordinary circumstances and through ordinary people to help us live extraordinary lives.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...