Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

L.I.F.E. - It's Not Just A Game

...no, it's a little insight into the minds of our children.



While playing Milton Bradley's Game Of Life, my nine year old had just finished her turn and began counting out a little stash of money that she had set aside. After each turn she had taken a small amount of money and added it to her savings pile. Suddenly there was an urgency in her voice.

C needed it to be her next turn.

C had a plan.

"Is it my turn? Is it my turn?"

"Yes, C, it is your turn."

"Yes!!!!"

Then, with a spin of the wheel and frantic shuffling of multicolored "real life" money, C payed the banker, threw her arms up in the air and gave a joyous yell..."I'm debt free-e-e-eee!!!!!"


Thanks, Dave Ramsey.


VeryVerdant

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Teach your children well....sounds like you are!

Lacey (schoolhousefarm) said...

that is awesome! what a beautiful thing for you kids to understand!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...